Thursday, November 1, 2012

Back In Black.

'Lo.

Been a while.

Counting this a procrastination. This is new media enough, right?

So I've had a few adventures. I'm currently stuck in a library cleaning up a 2000 word philosophy report on the impact of television. Yup. Not sure if my approach to it is exactly what the tutor's aiming for, but hey, who cares.

I figured I'd better post again soon, and I kept on putting it off. I've been busy, you see. Far too busy, I guess. So many things. But I'll start afresh. I'm not sure I'll continue updating every day, or week, but I'm sick of this bastard languishing.

Not entirely sure what to write. My current struggles, other than this 2000 word behemoth and the 1500 word one to be squished tomorrow, involve petty first world problems such as acquiring Radiohead tickets for less than $200. Is there anything more middle class white youth than trying to get a Radiohead ticket, honestly?

Still, I missed the bastards while I was overseas, and trends on eBay looking as they are, we might just end up getting lucky. Just a shame there's about four billion other things on that weekend, including another gig that tickets have already been purchased for, people leaving for months, a 21st back in Ye Olde Gippslande... Hurm.

But that's something to worry about in two weeks time. Christ, two weeks. Tilt your head to the side, said I'm angry.

I'd like to catch up with the little movie reviews, but taking a leisurely six month break sure hurts that plan. Perhaps in future.

Also, my list of gigs coming up remains immense. I'm honestly shocked at how much live music I've seen over the last year or so, and how much I've got to go. The whiteboard on my desk stretches til February Polyester Records-style. Plus, you know, after the Big Day Out I'll have seen three out of the four Big 90s bands (ie Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chilli Peppers), Nirvana not withstanding.

Otherwise, things go slowly. Being two days from the holidays in alternating beautiful/torrid weather, with about 7000 words to write, has not been pleasant. Apart from catching a couple of movies (likely by myself...) on Saturday at the Astor, so far my plans for the very near future are to sleep an awful lot, then check out what the Beardman's plans are for November/December. Then maybe go to the beach and read my book. Hurm.

As I type, everyone around me is packing up and leaving. Unfortunate, I guess. So I'm being kicked out. This is a nothing post really, isn't it. I'm too damn tired. Working all day on these essays, nursing a sore neck from smashing it out at a funeral-like Black Keys concert last night (DISAPPOINTING), suffering through a hey-guys-good-job-for-surviving-the-semester-here's-a-forty-minute-rant style philosophy class... Ah well. Tomorrow it'll all be over til March. Scary thought, really.

Fiddlesticks. Really am being kicked out. Figures. Hurm.

Oh well, I'll try and post again and keep whatever reads this happy. Both fans.

Crossposted.

Adios, amigos, and keep smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH GOOD GOD YOU ARE STILL ALIVE! PHEW.
kt
X