Saturday, February 18, 2012

And We're All Going Straight To Hell, Yep.

'Lo all.

I've been lazy, but as far as I know I'm still alive. Which so far is a positive.

Not many adventures to report on, sadly.

Pat's finally moved to Hawthorn properly, which is good. Took him out to Nevermind on Tuesday, and our strategy of sitting on a couch drinking dangerous amounts of beer eventually payed off for him. I'm sure the Jacinta-led cheer squad helped him out.

Puggs is back on, which is good. Played some pool at a strange Asian pool hall with Aiden, Pat and Dayno, then headed to Carlton and caught up with Harry and Charlie and the rest over many beers and Ryan Murphy covers. Unfortunately, beer is not as cheap as it used to be.

That weekend, headed back home to Sale. Not the most thrilling of visits. Had some chips and caught up with Ryan, then made a pilgrimage to the 2 Dollar shop for hilarity and nourishment (etc etc). Had a 40 song round of guitar hero at Aiden's the next night, as well.

On Wednesday, headed down to the court house and mingled with a buttload of old people, Ms Dyke, and Aiden's mum for an hour in the sunshine. Turns out jury duty is never really a sure thing, as my experience of it lasted about two minutes. We got the "please stand" and the "be seated", then the judge told us all to nick off because there was a security concern with the case. Whatever that means.

So, ultimately my quest to do my bit for my community didn't really get off the ground. Hopefully I won't get picked again for thirty years or something.

Trained it home to Hawthorn the next day with Aiden after a charming trip to Traralgon accompanied by classic Ray Charles. We didn't chuck anything out the window though. Or toss, I should say. We pretty much headed straight to Puggs, usual crowd was there, usual drink prices were not. Ryan Murphy tested out a Matt Corby cover (boring), and played Lonely Boy twice, to rapturous applause. Spent some time arguing over BRMC albums with some English guy, whose friend eventually collapsed giggling outside Incys, and didn't know where their motel was. Good deed for the day, helping them get home, I suppose.

Yesterday, went to Nevs for pool with Pat and Emily, which turned into another drinking session that I didn't need. We got free cake though. Decided to head to the third floor and say hello to Baz and Angus, who seem to be doing fine. Pat and Emily disappeared, and it ended up being Boxy, Wells, Angus, Hamish and I on the balcony shooting a laser at Xavier College. And then we had a food fight at maccas. Yep.

I don't have a lot planned for this week, but we'll see how we go. Might see what Isobelle's up to, since she's emerging from her jetlag at the moment, then it's just Claire, Gavin and Cumpster next week and my pokedex is complete.

Crossposted.

peace.

No comments: