Sunday, October 2, 2011

To Hell With Good Intentions.

'Lo all.

Welp. Uni and that. Thrilling stuff.

Seems I've passed the first six weeks, which is a good sign, cept now it's going to get trickier. Oh well.

Hazy memories of earlier this week. Tom came down to the city on Sunday night, Isaac, Pat, and I caught up with him over a few games of pool and beers which was good. He's doing well, though maybe Canberra's starting to get to him. Definitely come back in the summer, man.

The Bearded Man dropped in Tuesday, which was good, caught up with him and Travis over a burger, and he tried some of Baz's beer (seal of approval there). Headed out after that and got fairly munted, as I recall.

Pretty slow week at uni, not going to lie. Thursday was slightly more exciting, headed to RMIT for a radio thing. Teacher dude was half an hour late, and despite apparently being "full" only six people showed up. Eventually, dude did show up, and turns out it was one of Bec's friends. Not that he recognised me, even though we'd met at least three times beforehand.

Anyway, brief crash course in radio conventions, then I had to leave before we got to the good bit. Back at Swinburne, got my second journalism assignment (Port of Melbourne Corporation? daaaamn...), then slept through critical thinking. Didn't go out that night, which was a good thing as I may have interrupted things when I got home.

Friday was alright, more radio stuff, Bernice and I did a twenty minute show which didn't crash and burn. We went for a group lunch at Melbourne Central, where conversation was dominated with relationship issues once we finally found a table. Then more theatre sports type games which to be honest I have no patience for, though I suppose I understand why we were doing them. Had a drink at Thousand Pound after, then headed home as it started pissing down. Damn Melbourne weather.

Yesterday some of the horde rocked up to watch the footy, we got heavily intoxicated and might have terrified poor Baz and Christina. The game itself was enjoyably close until the last quarter, where Geelong finally got away. I guessed that though. Kids seemed to like 102, especially the city bike. Showed them all Nevermind, but it was pretty meh since half of it was shut because of the weather. I don't go out in Hawthorn much on Saturdays. Meh.

Angus arrived home at about 2, screaming. By this time, everyone had left except Pat, who had crashed on the couch. Jesus, the next hour and a half was at once hilarious and terrifying. There were ice buckets poured on heads, tomato sauce spread on nipples, and copious amounts of nudity. After Angus decided to go for a longboard down the street, the police decided to drive past. He panicked, sprinted home, turned out all the lights and locked himself in the bathroom. Meanwhile, Baz, Pat, and I had to deal with the curious police officers who were shining torches into the house. We then murdered Angus.

This morning was painful, not going to lie. My alarm clock went off at about 5am (thanks Jordan and Naomi), then Hayden and Jake rocked up before I was fully awake (sorry about that). House was cleaned up pretty quickly though.

So yeah, not a bad weekend, I suppose. Just had a huge steak that Baz cooked on his new barbecue on the porch.

While I remember.

Blessed - ***
Cheesy and mildly predictable, but definitely a downer film. That was some crazy Blixa Bargeld screaming at the end as well. Could tell Christos Tsolkias has a hand in writing it during one scene involving a Greek dude and exploitation. Still, not a bad film.

Source Code - ****
Just when you think it's a crappy ending it suddenly makes you think. Enjoyable film, lots of twists, much like Duncan Jones' previous film Moon. Definitely worth seeing at least once. Some plotholes that you acn't really think too much about but still.

I think I'm caught up now. Been watching a lot of Daria still, not sure what I'll do after that. Maybe get Community.

This week will be interesting. Gotta struggle through it, then heading home Saturday morning to see the family and get embarrassingly drunk for Salefest, as well as celebrate Meg and Alison's birthdays. Should be good fun.

Crossposted.

Catchyas.

No comments: