Sunday, June 26, 2011

Deadening.

'Lo all.

Welp. Holidays. Feels good man.

Haven't done a lot. Run myself out of food, journeyed around the state a bit, chewed through video ezy vouchers. Seriously, it's fantastic, you get a couple, then they say "THANK GOD SOME IDIOT IS STILL RENTING FILMS PLEASE RENT ANOTHER ONE FOR A DOLLAR WE LOVE YOU DON'T STOP NOW".

(I'm sure things would be different if my internet was faster, mind).

The Adjustment Bureau - ***1/2
Enjoyable, I guess. Little too mysterious for it's own good. Lot of heavy philosophical crap skimmed over (I know this because we had to study the whole free will thing). Not sure about the hats. Meh.

Dr Strangelove or, How I Learnt to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - ****1/2
Pretty funny for a Kubrick film. Actually fairly fast paced, though there's still some filler. I believe I may have to check out some more Peter Sellers movies, any other film geeks in the house with recommendations?

Tron Legacy - **
Giant Daft Punk music video co-starring David Bowie. It'd be good if you could mute the dialogue, I suppose. Also cgi The Dude looked creepy as all hell.

Speaking of movies, is the second Hangover any good, or is it just a rehash of the first? Meh.

Much shenanigans at Alfred st, as usual. Our new additions include a boxing rig on the porch, new flatscreen tv (because setting up the projector took too long), and a pair of internationals crashing on our floor. So the house is a little full, bit of a shock when I find that the bathroom I share with Barry was full of girly crap. Oh well. They're cool.

This week, need to catch up with some people, then heading back to Sale either Friday or Saturday. Will probably be going camping. I dunno, Seaspray just seems cold. Real cold.

Apologies for the lack of posting, two for June is my most pathetic run yet. I'll try and be a bit more animated next month. Even this post is pretty meh. At least I'm trying to keep up. I'm on holiday, dammit.

Also, realising you'll be nineteen in two weeks is fun. Mmmmrrr.

Crossposted.

Catchyas.

No comments: