Monday, May 23, 2011

The Lonesome Crowded West.

'Lo everyone.

Monday night procrastination fuel. Oh yes.

I've been trying to study, I really have. It is frustrating when you're reading an article online and the last four pages (which are the ones that most relate to your topic) refuse to load, then the library site crashes, then the internet dies. Not very cool at all.

Still. It's not all bad. I'm about halfway through the first draft of the first essay. It's absolutely awful and barely coherent argument-wise, but screw it. The really fun part will be steamrolling the next two essays as soon as I've finished crapping this first one out.

In slightly more positive news, the presentation for philosophy went well until I mess up the ending, but I don't really care. I think I may have failed the unit as I missed one of the online quizzes. Thanks for emailing me, philosophy people.

Not much else has been going on. Played some soccer with the international kids, they're all awesome, not so good for a crap player like me. Spent Friday night at home trying to essay while watching Carlton lose spectacularly (TWO POINTS. 90 SECONDS LEFT. JESUS). Hit the op shop as well for the open turn on Saturday, found me some stuff for like ten bucks, including a pair of checked red suspenders for a dollar.

The open turn itself was good. Met Pat, devoured a dinner box at maccas, then got lost trying to find the right tram stop. Met up with a bunch of ex-Grammar people at college (seriously, the pool room was just people we knew), then jumped on a packed tram with a buttload of brightly coloured people, which I'm sure terrified the civilians. Got to the pub, grabbed jugs, won then lost some pool, then got down to getting very drunk. Todd Ripon led the band through Solitude is Bliss, which was incredibly awesome. The whole having a band playing good covers was definitely a plus, it beats hearing the same club tracks thirty times in one night (shame their horn-heavy version of Propane Nightmares sucked). Made some friends outside in the spacious beer garden, swapped some clothes, lost count of how much I was drinking once they took our jugs away. Pat, Aiden and an American started chanting a hymn, bizarre.

They kicked us out after midnight, so we went to maccas and almost started a food fight, then Aiden and I strolled back to college since we lost Pat. Crashed pretty hard on Aiden's floor after checking facebook.

Woken up by Pat returning from some wench's room, we watched some cartoons (FROG IS SAAAD) then helped ourselves to parmas in their huge kitchen. St Hilda's is very, very cool, wish I could have gotten in.

I came back home Sunday arvo, caught up with Barry. They'd all been out at another party with unlimited booze, so good on them. He told me about the crazy events that occurred about 5am that morning, involving rugby players and hospital escapes. Pretty gorey stuff.

Anyway, so here I am, avoiding this contexts essay because I'm sick of it. If I get the draft done tomorrow, I'll spend the rest of the week cleaning it up while reading for politics. Can't wait for my two month holiday.

Crossposted.

peace.

(ANY MODEST MOUSE FANS IN THE HOUSE?)

No comments: