Thursday, January 20, 2011

Baptism.

'Lo all.

Still alive.

Forgot to mention in that last post, Black Keys cancelled their show. So suddenly, my awesome end of January is looking slightly less awesome. Still, I've been told there are a lot of free gigs going on that week anyway which I may be dragged along to. Either way, it's going to be messy.

Gangs of New York - ***
My disc kept skipping, so maybe it'd be better if I hadn't lost half an hour's worth of dialogue. Still a little slow, after one hell of an opening scene, but the ending was awesome.

Last night, visited Emily's for her and Isobelle's going away thingy. Almost too cold to go in the pool, didn't stop people when they were a little drunk. Good to catch up with some kids, had a chat with Jonty about Gorillaz. A little amused when Emily's parents started complaining about Crystal Castles. Agnik arrived slightly tipsy, poor bastard just turned 18. Didn't sleep until very late as we had to watch youtube clips, Muppet Treasure Island, and then fight over bunk beds.

Didn't really wake up until I got home and showered this afternoon. Hurm.

In other news, accepted into Res at Swinburne, which is good. Not cheap, but better than some other places. I kinda want to move in now, but there's things which need sorting first.

I'm a little stuck as to what to do on Australia day, tempted to hang around at home all day, then rush up to Melbourne to see some live bands... I dunno. See what's going on.

If anything interesting happens between now and next Thursday, I'll post again. Otherwise, big wrap up of our adventures in the city afterwards.

Crossposted.

peace.

No comments: