Monday, June 1, 2009

Exams: Day One. (sorta).

'Lo all.

It's that time of year again!

Day started off fairly meh, slept through alarms again, which is worrying me, then while riding to school the rear axle of the bike snapped, which sucked. Sprinted to school, caught up with a couple of people, then into the hall.

So, psychology practice exam. Had no real trouble with it, which bodes well for the actual exam. Only had trouble with one question, and that was just with the way it was worded. I seemed to be writing the same thing twice, but oh well.

At recess, visited the isk with Amaya, then got my lit essay back. Highest mark I've seen so far is a C, and this includes Emma. Mrs Cartledge will be a disappoint, no doubt. After whinging about this with the other lit kids, Sam and I ordered our books for next semester (War in the Air by HG Wells, it'll surprise her), then hit maccas. Went back to my place, watched Team Fortress two clips, then once he left, I voted in the Hottest 100 of All Time. List was as follows:

1. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
2. Teardrop - Massive Attack
3. Do the Evolution - Pearl Jam
4. Around the World/Harder Better Faster Stronger - Daft Punk
5. Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
6. The Wicked Messenger - The Black Keys
7. The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd
8. My Happiness - Powderfinger (not my favourite, but it's more likely to get up there)
9. All Along the Watchtower - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
10. Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Of course, most of my vote will be ultimately meaningless, though Kashmir got 63 nine years ago. I'm expecting Never Gonna Give You Up and Sex on Fire to be in the top ten. A lot of songs missed out on my shortlist, too, would have like to have included some Silverchair, or Tame Impala, or John Butler Trio, or more Zep, or some Cream... I'll stop now.

What else did we get up to. Went through a semester's worth of history notes, but some of it's not on the revision sheet, which either means I won't have to worry about it or I'll worry about it tomorrow. Downloaded Hilltop Hood's Restrung album, and there's some good stuff on it. Upgraded msn with plus. Saw three interesting people flash on and then offline.

Tomorrow, bloody history exam, then a supposedly easy maths exam. If Alison found it easy, I know there's still hope. Proper exams mode also kicks in then, which is also the same time I'm expecting the flu to kick in, based on the sore throat I've got right now. Great.

Crossposted.

peace.

No comments: